Can't Find Internet-Only Prices - Done with FiOS TV and "UNSAT" Customer Service
jncc

I've had enough of FiOS TV and poor customer service since last fall.  I am looking for Internet-only prices that seem to be unavailable on the website.  I do NOT want a bundle or a contract. 

I have been a Verizon customer for at least 12 years between cellular and FiOS.

In early September 2015, I decided that given the amount of TV that I actually watch (maybe an hour a week), my TV was not worth what I pay.  I wanted to cancel. The CSR offered me a TOTAL bill of $83 - taxes included - a month on my current package, with no contract for at least 12 months.  I accepted.

The bill was wrong every month.  I had to call and argue the bill all over again every month.  Each of these phone calls took about 45 minutes to an hour... every month. 

On January 26, on yet another call to straighten out my bill, I was informed that I agreed to a 2-year contract.  I NEVER agreed to a contract.  I can be moved at any time by my employer right now, so I do not agree to contracts on cable.  Yes, I know I pay a few dollars more, but that flexibility to relocate or vote with my wallet is worth it.  That was eventually corrected by the CSR, but only after going to a supervisor.

I was placed on "Custom TV" and my channels have been messed up ever since.  I have re-boot my DVR at least twice.  I have missed events that I wanted to watch because of this situation.  I have missed at least two debates that I wanted to watch because I "am not subscribed to this channel."

Thursday night (March 3) was the absolute last straw.  I wanted to watch the debate.  Again, I had a message that I "am not subscribed to this channel," which was Fox News.  (It was MSNBC a few weeks ago.)  I went through the on-screen troubleshooting, re-booted and then nothing.  I went through the "Contact Us" option on the screen and was told that I would be called within two minutes.  After over ten minutes, I called Customer Service.  I had to go through the automated troubleshooting menu only to get placed on hold.  When I finally spoke to a CSR, I was informed that my channel package had changed.  I was not informed of a channel change.  Besides, news channels are a fairly BASIC function.  My CSR put me on hold about four times, between having me tell her what channels did and didn't come in.  I was then put on hold again.  I was then connected on the line with billing, who changed my channel packages, but it would take an hour to update.  So much for watching the debate.

The CSR set everything up and reviewed my projected bill.  Somehow, although "nothing changed," my bill was now at $135 per month.  (I have completely given up on the $83 I was promised last fall.)  The CSR could not explain why there was a $10 discrepancy since just last month when "nothing changed" on my packets.  This was after over an hour of being on the phone and about 15 minutes with the on-screen help before that.  I gave up and went to sleep, as I had to be up at 4:30.

With my work schedule, commute time, workout time, etc., I do not watch a lot of TV.  Certainly not enough to justify over $135 a month.  I do not want to pay for "regional sports fee" when I am not a fan of ANY of these regional sports teams and I have to pay extra to get the one channel that actually covers my college team.  I am tired of having to spend an hour every month to get the rate I was promised.  I want my bill to be stable and predictable.  I should be able to get problems solved quickly.  Finally, when I turn the TV on, it should actually work. 

I want predictable, reliable and stable service.  I am not getting that with this TV set-up.

Oh and I never got that call back I was promised "within two minutes." 

Bottom line, I will either be totally canceling my service or going to Internet-only in the next few weeks.  I cannot seem to find actual costs for Internet-only, even if I decide to keep this company.  I am strongly considering even porting my number to another cell carrier. 

0 Likes
Re: Can't Find Internet-Only Prices - Done with FiOS TV and "UNSAT" Customer Service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jncc,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes