Can't Get E-mail Account Set Up
gregk107

I'm trying to set up an e-mail account on a new computer.  I have all the correct information, but every time I go to download mail, the system repeatedly asks for my user name and password.  I know I enter the correct information, but for some reason it doesn't take.  I'm using Vista Home Premium as an OS.  I also have 2 underscores in the user name.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Can't Get E-mail Account Set Up
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I am assuming  you are referring to your @verizon.net address, since you didn't specify. There is a help page for setting up your client located here that includes a video link if you would find that more helpful.

For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up  fictional account "fakeacct@verizon.net" and the password for logging into that  account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.

The settings for using Verizon's servers would be:

Incoming Server: incoming.verizon.net

Server Requires Authentication: Yes

Username: fakeacct

Password: fakepassword

Requires a secure connection (SSL): No

Port: 110

Outgoing Server: outgoing.verizon.net

Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)

Requires a secure connection (SSL): No

Port: 25 (although 587 also works.)

These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account, in which case the server names are: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net  -and-  outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

0 Likes