Can't Setup Remote Desktop (3389) To Work With Quantum G1100 Router!
olimits7

Hi,

I just upgraded my Verizon router from the Actiontec to the Quantum router.  I setup the port forwarding properly just like I've done numerous times on other routers and I'm forwarding 3389 to my local home PC; which I setup a static IP address (192.168.1.150) on.

I did a test within my LAN network on my laptop and I'm able to successfully remote desktop to my 192.168.1.150 desktop PC without any issues; so I know this has to be a Quantum configuration issue because when I try to remote desktop using my Verizon WAN IP address it doesn't give me access to my 192.168.1.150 desktop PC.

Is there another setting under the Quantum router that I have to setup to get this to work properly?

I've tried lowering the Quantum firewall setting to low, I tried to enable DMZ, I added my 192.168.1.150 to access control, etc. but nothing is working.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Can't Setup Remote Desktop (3389) To Work With Quantum G1100 Router!
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@olimits7 wrote:

Hi,

I just upgraded my Verizon router from the Actiontec to the Quantum router.  I setup the port forwarding properly just like I've done numerous times on other routers and I'm forwarding 3389 to my local home PC; which I setup a static IP address (192.168.1.150) on.

I did a test within my LAN network on my laptop and I'm able to successfully remote desktop to my 192.168.1.150 desktop PC without any issues; so I know this has to be a Quantum configuration issue because when I try to remote desktop using my Verizon WAN IP address it doesn't give me access to my 192.168.1.150 desktop PC.

Is there another setting under the Quantum router that I have to setup to get this to work properly?

I've tried lowering the Quantum firewall setting to low, I tried to enable DMZ, I added my 192.168.1.150 to access control, etc. but nothing is working.

Thank you!

What does the router rule read like?

0 Likes