Can't access e-mail on mobile device
jkuet21226

I have an Iphone 5S running IOS 7.1.2.  Beginning on 9/17/14 (coincedentally the day IOS 8 was released) I lost access to my Verizon e-mail via the stock IOS mail app.  The inability to access my email only occurs via my carrier's wireless data (T-Mobile).  When I am at home on my WIFI it works just fine.

• I have checked the Verizon mail settings and they are correct (explains why it still works on WIFI)
  • I tried deleting and re-adding the account. That hasn't worked.
  • The first time I noticed I lost access, I tried a phone reboot, and that worked for a while. Seems that after I connected via WIFI, it lost connection through wireless again and a reboot no longer works.
  • I reset carrier settings and that did not work.

It seems like there is some communication issue between T-Mobile and the Verizon mail server.  My wife who has an AT&T Iphone 5 connects wireless to the Verizon server no problem.

I talked to both Verizon and T-Mobile and neither acknowledges there is a known problem.  Has anyone had a similar issue lately or has a solution?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Can't access e-mail on mobile device
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jkuet21226,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Can't access e-mail on mobile device
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes