Can't access military webmail through FiOS
xdraper1

Greetings all - I am trying to access my work webmail from home.  I can take my laptop to, say, Panera or Starbucks, and it works fine, but when trying from home, I get "This webpage is not available" when using Chrome and "This page can't be displayed" when using IE 11.  The websites I'm trying to reach are "https://robins.mail.us.af.mil/owa/" and "https://web-mita.mail.mil/owa" (I'm an Air Force Reservist).  I just tried resetting my router to factory settings and IE to initial settings.  I even connected my laptop as a DMZ host.  I also tried MAC cloning, which didn't work either, and I've reset it back now.

0 Likes
Re: Can't access military webmail through FiOS
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Obviouly don't know what restrictions may be causing problems.  No such thing as accessing military email at home when I served.  Double check IE11 security options (e.g., tls 1.0/1.2/1.2). 

remember these are peer to peer forums.  Hopefully some other person who uses military webmail may have further suggestions.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

At a guess, it's probably a BOGON filter issue. If you use a proxy, can you access it from home? If so, your IP address is probably being blocked by the site.

There are a few ways to change your IP address, the simplest of which is to leave your router unplugged overnight.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

FWIW I can't access either of those sites as well.  I suspect those can't be accessed off base, but I'm unsure of that piece of it, as I wasn't in the military myself, I am just a military brat, but when I was growing up we didn't have email anyways.  

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

FWIW I can't access either of those sites as well.  I suspect those can't be accessed off base, but I'm unsure of that piece of it, as I wasn't in the military myself, I am just a military brat, but when I was growing up we didn't have email anyways.  

I was able to access the first pages.  But of course couldn't proceed because it starts with a warning about being for Military/government personnel before even getting to the logon that required you to acknowledge.  Did get a certificate error on one, because the certificate doesn't exactly match the site name.  OP said he could access from some off base locations but not from home.

ps:  It was still arpanet when I was in the service.  And were they fussy about what we sent on it then.

0 Likes
xdraper1

The webmail is meant to be accessed from home now (they don't want me waiting to check my email on my one weekend a month...).  I had to run out to Panera today to log in from there.  The issue is I can access that site from a public location, but not my home.  The page simply doesn't load -- I don't even get to the login prompt.  Which leads me to suspect either my router or my ISP, but I've done everything I know for the router (factory reset & reboot).  I am using a laptop from work, but it is the same from my home PC.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

maybe it's a bad route. 

Try this. Log into your verizon router.

Actiontec MI424-WR - RELEASE DHCP
Click on MY NETWORK icon at the top.
Select NETWORK CONNECTIONS from the menu on the left.
Select BROADBAND CONNECTION (coax or ethernet) depending on your connection to the ONT.
Click SETTINGS
Click RELEASE
Click APPLY
Disconnect the router immediately to prevent it from re-requesting a DHCP lease.  leave it disconnected for at least 5-10 minutes, and then turn it back on.  If it's a bad route, then that would help.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

When I try to access the websites it says that they have invalid security certificates.

0 Likes
xdraper1

There were settings Verizon had to change on its servers in my area -- after a quick reset of my ONT, everything was fine

0 Likes