Re: Can't access my hosting account on GoDaddy from Verizon via FTP.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NEWGUIDESTINKS,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Ben07452
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are using FTP to upload your website files, you can also do it with cPanel without using FTP.  The cPanel file manager has buttons for upload and download, which use web protocols instead of FTP. 

It is also possible to change the FTP port to a port other than port 21.  Look at the cPanel configuration files.

0 Likes
stevemann1
Enthusiast - Level 3

cPanel is not an option. The program that I use to make websites uses the FTP protocol to publish the files to the site. and the site is on an old server that does not have cPanel.

0 Likes
Re: Can't access my hosting account on GoDaddy from Verizon via FTP. Got the answer!!!!
NEWGUIDESTINKS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got the answer!!!! After being on the telephone with Verizon and GoDaddy for hours for two days, even though GoDaddy says it's Verizon's fault, and Verizon says it's GoDaddy's fault....turns out, it IS GoDaddy's fault. Their one particular hosting server was blocking me. (we looked over and over at the "traceroute"). By moving me to another GoDaddy server (which took about a minute, without me needing to upload the files again), all works fine! It's getting GoDaddy to do it, at no charge. They fought me, at first, wanting to charge me, to change to an "newer" server, but finally, they did it for free. Now, life is good again! and I can FTP to my heart's content. Yah gotta push GoDaddy. and not Verizon.

Re: Can't access my hosting account on GoDaddy from Verizon via FTP. Got the answer!!!!
RonTec
Enthusiast - Level 1

NEWGUIDESTINKS,

Thank you for your persistence in getting this resolved. Much appreciated. 

While all of this was going on, I started the process of switching my hosting over to Host Gator. I can connect to Host Gator via FTP with no problems even though the Verizon Tech said "Verizon no longer supports FTP..." Weird.

Once I get my site set up on Host Gator, I will probably cancel my GD hosting, but keep my domains there.

0 Likes
NEWGUIDESTINKS
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Verizon tech couldn't be more wrong. Even when I was having trouble FTP'ing to a GoDaddy hosting server, I was able to FTP to other hosting servers by other companies, no problem.

0 Likes
GregHG
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not a solution. I can FTP from a non-FIOS network just fine. This is a verizon issue.

0 Likes
GregHG
Enthusiast - Level 2

This case has *not* been concluded. FTP is still being blocked in suburban Maryland.

0 Likes
GregHG
Enthusiast - Level 2

SOLVED! Verizon no longer supports FTP so no need to keep blaming your ports, goDaddy, or other entities.

Now....

How do I get back this service which I have paid for 10+ years?

0 Likes
GregHG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon no longer supports ftp, but they will only say so in the private forums.