Can't can't connect to internet. Red globe.
kab4200

Rather, my wireless connection says itsi connected but there's no internet access. I rebooted the router and I even followed the instructions according to the automated chat but nothing is working. Help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't can't connect to internet. Red globe.
jonjones1
Legend

@kab4200 wrote:

Rather, my wireless connection says itsi connected but there's no internet access. I rebooted the router and I even followed the instructions according to the automated chat but nothing is working. Help

I would first RESET the router via the little button in the back. Hold it in for 30 seconds then let the button go. The router should be set back to first use. Wait for the globe to be white. 

Now you must remember that it will be accessed via the sticker sticker on the routers master login ADMIN and the password on the label.

there is also a WIFI name and password for gaining access to WiFi again on the routers label be sure to have your devices show that SSID before you select and connect via the password on the routers label. If the label is gone or you don’t have the original information you are out of luck.

you can call Verizon Fios and swap out the router if you are renting or if purchased up to the two year warranty period.

lastly if you have internet only you may purchase your own router and use that instead.

you save $120 a year in rental fees on its return to Fios. 

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@kab4200 wrote:

I would first RESET the router via the little button in the back. Hold it in for 30 seconds then let the button go. The router should be set back to first use. Wait for the globe to be white. 

Now you must remember that it will be accessed via the sticker sticker on the routers master login ADMIN and the password on the label.

there is also a WIFI name and password for gaining access to WiFi again on the routers label be sure to have your devices show that SSID before you select and connect via the password on the routers label. If the label is gone or you don’t have the original information you are out of luck.

you can call Verizon Fios and swap out the router if you are renting or if purchased up to the two year warranty period.

lastly if you have internet only you may purchase your own router and use that instead.

you save $120 a year in rental fees on its return to Fios. 

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure if you wan connection ethernet or coax but if ethernet on the back of the router there will be a white port labled wan. Are the light lit up green? Or if its coax the light on back bottom moca wan will be green. 

If no to that. Do you have access to your ont? Make sure your connection there are good and its powered on. 

kab4200

Okay. It's been a few days since I bought the new routrr and now the new one is displaying the red globe and is not working

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

What lights are in the back of the router when there is a red globe? Is your WAN connection on ethernet or coax?

If your having same issue with new router it could be wiring or maybe ONT. 

jonjones1
Legend

@kab4200 wrote:

Okay. It's been a few days since I bought the new routrr and now the new one is displaying the red globe and is not working

What is the new bought router? Is it yet another Quantum router? 

Is it a store bought router from Asus or Netgear? 

If a Quantum Gateway Router then it’s probably yet another dud from Verizon.

this is the reason I don’t use theirs. I have one just in cases where Verizon might need to access from the ONT to the router. If you have your own like I do Verizon will not support it.

i have internet only, hopefully you do as well.

did you release the dhcp on the previous router before you hooked up the new one?

this must be done to have the other router function properly.

now if you call Verizon it may have to be replaced yet again. It may also be a bad ONT so have Verizon troubleshoot it just to make sure. 

0 Likes