Can't connect iPod touch
Omega888
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I've been going around & around in circles trying to connect my iPod touch to an Actiontec wireless router.

Spoke with a tech representative who told me that the 20+ character passcode could not be changed....is this true?

I've input that code more than 10 times, and the iPod always says "wrong password"...ugh

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't connect iPod touch
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to change the password by clicking on Advanced and then by choosing Local Administration if I'm not mistaken. This should give you the option to define users in the router and to also adjust the admin password.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The wireless key can certainly be changed, along with the encryption. You can log into the router at http://192.168.1.1/ with the following username and password sequence:

Username: admin

Password: This is the router's Serial number on the printed label.

Once in, just click Wireless Settings. I *STRONGLY* recommend using WPA2-PSK AES as your Encryption over WEP or mixed WPA/WPA2 mode. You'll get better performance, and especially with Apple devices, things will just play better.

Omega888
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Smith6612 wrote:

The wireless key can certainly be changed, along with the encryption. You can log into the router at http://192.168.1.1/ with the following username and password sequence:

Username: admin

Password: This is the router's Serial number on the printed label.

Once in, just click Wireless Settings. I *STRONGLY* recommend using WPA2-PSK AES as your Encryption over WEP or mixed WPA/WPA2 mode. You'll get better performance, and especially with Apple devices, things will just play better.

Thanks so much!

I have just one more question...how do I change the router password so I don't have to type that looong router serial number on my iPod's tiny keyboard?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to change the password by clicking on Advanced and then by choosing Local Administration if I'm not mistaken. This should give you the option to define users in the router and to also adjust the admin password.