Re: Can't connect to ONE particular website.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well its the verizon ip that you have that is the problem.  It was probably blocked by the website.

that is what the web proxy does for you, is it gives you another ip address to the connecting website.

0 Likes
krbarnes

I called Verizon and had them break/renew the lease on my router.  It downloaded a new IP address, but still in the 173.x.x.x range.  I still can't get to that site.  I called my neighbors across the street (also on FIOS), and they can't get to it either.  Sounds like the site may be blocking Verizon??  I'm stumped.

I can still get to it through a proxy.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

what VZ could do is they should be reaching out to a tech II or a higher level tech, and what they normally do (I used to work at an isp) is email the website administrators and ask them to update their filters, or allow access to xyz ip addresses.

that is "if" you wanted to pursue it further.   if you can live with the proxy access, then that would be less frustrating then calling in, but if you wanted to pursue it further you could see if vz would be able to send an email like that to the site admin's. 

0 Likes
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

krbarnes , is correct it seems like the website you are trying to access is blocking the 173.x.x.x subnet. You can goto Network-Tools.com & do a Network Lookup on the web address & it should give you an email address to an admin. Just send them over an email to update their  filters to allow the 173.x.x.x.  Brett

0 Likes
always_trouble

How do you get a proxy server or change your address

0 Likes