quick menu

Can't connect to Sonos on 2.4 GHz SSID when connected to 5 GHz

Can't connect to Sonos on 2.4 GHz SSID when connected to 5 GHz

Contributor wildcat07
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(299 Views)

I just received a Sonos speaker as a gift and set it up in my house.  I have a FIOS G-1100 router and an Actiontec extender in my house, both with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies.  I was able to set up while my phone was on 5 GHz and the Sonos on 2.4, but after I moved and re-plugged in the speaker, I can no longer connect to Sonos via the app without switching the phone to the 2.4 GHz frequency.

Sonos suggested disabling an IGMP proxy, but the link I have found to access "hidden" settings produces a 404 error, even after I log in.  Looking for the setting within the router setup has not yielded anything either.  Is there another way to change this setting, or another suggestion to try?

2 REPLIES 2
Silver Contributor II Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(282 Views)

I wouldn’t use the link. Open you browser and type 192.168.1.1 or myfiosgateway.com and the admin password is on the sticker. Once in the router up to the right click the “Advanced” tab and it is under “Network Settings”.

Contributor wildcat07
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(234 Views)

Found it - now under Routing.

Unfortunately the problem remains, even after rebooting the router and Sonos. I still have to switch to 2.4 GHz SSID for the Sonos App to find the speaker. Any other suggestions?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios