Can't connect to my router to forward ports
cdo2195

My router wont let me sign into it. when i type the username, it types in ok, but  when i try to type in the password, it makes 5 more letters then it should, making it out to be like

pppppaaaaassssswwwwwooooorrrrrddddd

or something along those lines.

can anyone help? i'll post my router-type if you need me to

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to my router to forward ports
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

If you hard reset the router (use paper clip to hold in Reset button for 10 seconds) it will go back to the defaults.  As previous post suggested, the defaults for Actiontec are:  admin and password1.  This is just in case you still can't login. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@FIOSTechBrian wrote:

If you hard reset the router (use paper clip to hold in Reset button for 10 seconds) it will go back to the defaults.  As previous post suggested, the defaults for Actiontec are:  admin and password1.  This is just in case you still can't login. 

Actually, if you reset the router using the Reset button, the defaults are "admin" and "password", not "password1" The Actiontec router requires the password to be changed at first login, many or most Verizon techs change the password to "password1" as part of the installation (and they should tell you what they set it to).

Once you get logged in you can change the user name and password to anything you like.

Keep in mind that the Actiontec displays several bullets for every character you enter into the password field, it is supposed to be a security option to keep someone from discovering your password by looking over your shoulder, really kinda stupid and confuses folks, just ignore the extra bullets and type the password as you know it to be.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes