Re: Can't connect to network with hardwired desktop
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am sure you can get the machine up.  Might have to boot off a CD.  And remember you are talking to peers here.

0 Likes
mkoslosk
Enthusiast - Level 3

TNS_2, I'm not sure that I understand "remember you are talking to peers here."  I'm assuming you mean that you don't like my tone.  If my assumption is correct, I've reread my message and don't see anything that was nasty or non-factual.  I was merely making the statement that I don't see how or why the issue status was marked "solved," and I still don't, particularly after I stated that I had bought a new machine.  The person who told me to attempt what I attempted also said to "do so at your own risk."  You'll notice that I acknowledged that in the thread and tried it anyway.  My issue was that is was marked "solved." It was not, and whoever changed the status provided a misleading status.  I appreciate everyone who tried to help but it didn't get solved.  I bear no ill will to any contributor, but it should not have been marked "solved."  "Closed," maybe, but not solved.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

What TNS_2 means is that the forum is where users help other users. It is not monitored by Verizon, and technical assistance from them is not offered here.

As for the resolved status, this thead is not marked resolved. Did you mean a different discussion?

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mkoslosk wrote:

TNS_2, I'm not sure that I understand "remember you are talking to peers here." 

It means you're getting free help from a bunch of somewhat random people, not anyone at Verizon.  Nobody here is under any obligation to solve your problem.  If you don't like the advise you get here, don't use it.  You get what you pay for.

I don't see this thread marked as "solved," but even if it was, that doesn't mean much.  All it does is highlight one of the replies as the solution to the problem.  It doesn't stop posts or further discussion.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
mkoslosk
Enthusiast - Level 3

After receiving this e-mail:

Hi mkoslosk,

Great job! dslr595148 marked your answer to a question as an accepted solution!

Subject

Date:

02-14-2015 06:01 AM

I checked and it had been marked as solved.

I've used this forum in the past and have had great success with it.  This is the first place I went for help, and will contnue to do so.  I generally have enough sense to only follow advice that I'm comfortable with.  In this instance it didn't work out.  I merely didn't want others to view this and follow the same steps I did thinking that it solved the problem.  It wasn't intended to cause animosity, but to note that the solutions posted did not solve the problem.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mkoslosk wrote:

After receiving this e-mail:

Hi mkoslosk,

Great job! dslr595148 marked your answer to a question as an accepted solution!

Subject

Date:

02-14-2015 06:01 AM

I checked and it had been marked as solved.

I've used this forum in the past and have had great success with it.  This is the first place I went for help, and will contnue to do so.  I generally have enough sense to only follow advice that I'm comfortable with.  In this instance it didn't work out.  I merely didn't want others to view this and follow the same steps I did thinking that it solved the problem.  It wasn't intended to cause animosity, but to note that the solutions posted did not solve the problem.

It actually says that some answer you gave to a thread started by dslr595188 was accepted as the solution to his problem, NOT that your thread was solved.

Interestingly, I can see no record of you posting an answer to any solved thread so no idea where that message came from.  Also interesting that it appears to be exactly the same time that you opened your thread.

Gremlins in the system I guess.

0 Likes
mkoslosk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good grief.  That was the bottom of the message; it WAS the exact same time.  The reply came yesterday, but I couldn't copy and paste the header.  Here ya' go (formatting lost):

Your answer on Verizon Community has been accepted as a solution!

Community Mailer <mailer@lithium.com>

Tue 3/3/2015 8:14 PM

I won't be responding any more.  I really wasn't attemping to stir up anything; I just didn't want this posted as solved, that's all.  Now this thread has devolved into accusations and talk about gremlins.

0 Likes