Can't edit or delete Parental Control rule
FiOSinRedBank
Enthusiast - Level 2

I added a rule to Parental Control on my Actiontec MI424WR-GEN2.  It seemed to work fine, but now:

If I try to edit the rule, I go to the screen for creating a new rule.  I cannot get to the screen for editing the existing rule.

If I try to delete the rule, I get the message asking for confirmation that I want to delete.  I click on "OK" and I'm returned to the Rule Summary page, and the rule I just tried to delete is still on the list.

I have rebooted the router twice.

How can I edit or delete a Parental Control rule?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't edit or delete Parental Control rule
FiOSinRedBank
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a solution.  Rules created under Parentral Control are also visible in the Firewall Settings | Access Control screen.  I was able to delete the rule from that screen and it also disappeared from the Parental Control screen.

View solution in original post

FiOSinRedBank
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a solution.  Rules created under Parentral Control are also visible in the Firewall Settings | Access Control screen.  I was able to delete the rule from that screen and it also disappeared from the Parental Control screen.

marty9999

If you are looking for full parental control that monitors & controls everything kids do online, as well as blocks inappropriate websites, check out http://www.GoMcgruff.com

For iPad/iPhone parental control, check out http://www.GoMcGruff.com/browser

0 Likes
elsaelsa

thanks very much. I fixed the issue

@FiOSinRedBank wrote:

0 Likes