Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Can't enter password for Actiontek Setup Utility

SOLVED
EricScott
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Can't enter password for Actiontek Setup Utility

Message 1 of 4
(6,445 Views)

So I'm trying to access the Actiontek setup pages at 192.168.1.1.  I enter "admin" as my username but when i go to enter my password, every time I hit a key, three letters appear making it impossible for me to enter my password.  So I can't get into the utility.  Anyone else having this issue?

Tried it on two different computers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Can't enter password for Actiontek Setup Utility

Message 2 of 4
(6,377 Views)

@EricScott wrote:

So I'm trying to access the Actiontek setup pages at 192.168.1.1.  I enter "admin" as my username but when i go to enter my password, every time I hit a key, three letters appear making it impossible for me to enter my password.  So I can't get into the utility.  Anyone else having this issue?

The router does not echo back what you type, but displays asterisks instead. Security feature incase someone is looking over your shoulder. Type password or password1 and ignore what is displayed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 2 of 4
(6,378 Views)

@EricScott wrote:

The router does not echo back what you type, but displays asterisks instead. Security feature incase someone is looking over your shoulder. Type password or password1 and ignore what is displayed.

View solution in original post

EricScott
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(6,338 Views)

Thanks.  I was using "password".  "password1" worked.

CharlesH
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 4 of 4
(6,330 Views)

Great you figured out your problem.  If you learn what the resolution of the problem was, please try to come back to the forum thread and mark it as a "Solution"! =]

-CharlesH

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.