Can't get Quantum, but my neighbor can
vidarc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have FiOS and was thrilled when I saw the ads for the new 50/25 speed. Finally a company getting US broadband speeds to where they should be. But for some reason I am unable to upgrade to this new speed, even though if I put in my neighbors address to sign up for a new service, it is indeed available to him. 

I live in an apartment building in a tightly packed residential area of town. There is litterally no space between my building and the house I am referring to, so I would assume that we are using the same lines. And yet, I can not get services that are available to them. The only thing I could think of, is that I live in an apartment, and he lives in a house. Is the new Quantum service unavailable to me because of that? 

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but it is quite annoying, especially considering the barrage of ads that I get regarding the Quantum service that I cannot get.

I have also contacted customer support about upgrading a few times, each time they tell me that it is available, and then when I ask to upgrade they say "sorry, it is not available at your address".

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't get Quantum, but my neighbor can
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you have to complain to your property manager/company.  They have to ink a deal with Verizon to bring in FiOS service and  a terminal large enough to handle the building.  Verizon Eats most of those costs, but property owners sometimes have deals or agreements with other companies, OR they don't like installers tearing up their building, so they are leary of bringing in providers. 

I Think it's http://communities.verizon.com    they go there and do the contact us info, or simply look around to get an idea of what is involved. 

View solution in original post

weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

"I live in an apartment building.."

That is your answer, most likely.  Apartments use different installation techniques and hardware.

0 Likes
vidarc
Enthusiast - Level 1

How does one get that stuff upgraded then? Do I need to complain everyday? Pretty rediculous that a building inches from me can get a service I can't. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you have to complain to your property manager/company.  They have to ink a deal with Verizon to bring in FiOS service and  a terminal large enough to handle the building.  Verizon Eats most of those costs, but property owners sometimes have deals or agreements with other companies, OR they don't like installers tearing up their building, so they are leary of bringing in providers. 

I Think it's http://communities.verizon.com    they go there and do the contact us info, or simply look around to get an idea of what is involved.