Can't get fios due to incorrect availability database
snoopykul116
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm moving next week to a new home.

I checked online to see if the address was available for fios, since i saw a fios box in the basement of the house.

However, i was surprised to see fios internet/tv was unavailable.

so i checked eveyrones address on the street, they are ALL eligible. (5 houses: 2 next door, and 3 across the street)

so im' assuming its a mistake with the availability database

i even checked a house number below mine, which does not even exist, and it has availability!

can someone help me out to get this fixed so i can get fios.

thanks

Re: Can't get fios due to incorrect availability database
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi snoopkul

Your best bet is to contact Verizon directly through the Contact Us links on this page.  It might also be handy when you talk to them if you know the name of the person who previously had FiOS at that address, so they can look up the old account and confirm that it was connected at some time.

0 Likes
wwerwath
Enthusiast - Level 1

Welcome to my world snoopykul.  I've been dealing with this for a week now.  I have the box aswell, but some how my address was removed from their database.  You need to call their customer service department and tell them whats going on.  They will send a request to the engineering department to put you in the system.  I was told it would take 24-48 hours, but here I am 4 days later and still nothing.  Hopefully you will have more luck!

jar66su
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same problem.  It says the house I'm moving to does not have Fios availability.   So I thought I'd try my current address (which currently has Fios TV/Internet)...go figure, it also says that this address does not have Fios availability.  How does that make sense?  

Who can I speak with to correct this?  All of the puppets that I've talked to through general 1-800 numbers are simply referring to the same database and telling me it is not available. Clearly this is wrong.  Please point me in the right direction.