Can't get to some Chinese website
Maxszx

Since yesterday, I couldn't get to some Chinese Website on Fios! While I use my neighbor's wifi and I have no trouble to do so. What the hell is going on with my Fios???????

0 Likes
Re: Can't get to some Chinese website
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have an example of a website that you cannot load properly? Some of us around the forums can check the site to see if it loads for us on Verizon, and also help to figure out why the site is not loading.

0 Likes
Maxszx

Thank you so much! I am having trouble connecting tieba.baidu.com, bbs.weiphone.com. I could see the website is loading at first and then gets stuck in the middle and will not move any more. 

This problem will be gone periodically, but the disappearance for me is really short. Like 5 minis and then I couldn't refresh the website any more or it be blank...

0 Likes
tifan

That's because the connection inside China Unicom as well as VZW-Unicom link had problems.

Friends working in IDCs in China told me there're major outages yesterday. Packet loss from 北京网通 to 济南网通 is higher than 25%.

0 Likes
Maxszx

I am not sure about that. The same website, I can use my ATT cellular to get to while I can't using my Fios... 

0 Likes
Maxszx

But thanks anyway!!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for providing the websites. I just checked them. The initial connections is for sure being made as you've mentioned, but every GET request sent out past the initial request to get the content never complete. Additional requests are made to a CDN located in China for site resources, and to Analytics firms based out of China (similar to Google Analytics). None of these ever complete.

Running an MTR, I am seeing a huge amount of packet loss (>25%), with 500ms+ latency beyond Verizon Business in Los Angeles, through a peering gateway and onto China Telecom/Unicom's network. So what tifan mentioned about China Telecom having issues is very likely not to be that far off base.

It's hard for me to say if the problem is on Verizon's end, on a Chinese telecom provider's end, or a problem with an undersea cable that is creating such problems since traceroutes give limited info. I also don't have a looking glass server I know of which I can use in China to perform tracebacks. The reason why the AT&T network works fine, though, is due to the fact that they, like Verizon, are a Tier 1 network and likely connect up directly to the major backbone networks in the Asia Pacific region.

0 Likes
Maxszx

Thanks so much!!!! Hope someone will solve this problem soon~

0 Likes
haixn

no 迅雷 no 度娘盘,这日子没法过了

0 Likes
Maxszx

True!!!!