Just got fios the other day. Now I'm trying to add another desktop pc wirelessly and it's not really working.
removed existing conexant smarthsfi v92 56k df pci modem with;
Rosewill wireless G pci card RNX-G300LX with Ralink wireless utility
Dell dimension 4600 desktop win xp sp3
1, use the flash drive from in-home agent and successfully installed and connect.
2. turn it off and restart to see if it worked correctly.
3. wireless network connection says there's no detactable network.
4. using in-home agent, I was able to reconnect via typing ssid# and password manually. Once again, wireless connection established.
5. turn off & restart the pc and same thing happens again just like #3.
6. tried with wireless laptop and did not even need flash drive. It automatically detected a router and I just entered ssid & pw to get connected.
So the problem seemed to be coming from my desktop pc. Any idea how to fix ths?
Is your desktop pc perhaps configured to turn off your wireless device to save power?
Is your SSID set to broadcast or hidden?
Does the Wireless Zero Config utility (the one that's in Windows by default) think that it's supposed to control your wireless connection? Having both programs fighting for control can cause problems.