Can't return equipment "glitch"
JeremK

On Saturday, February 3rd Verizon installed the Fios line etc...in my condo. The installed left a G1100 router behind. I know this router is not necessary and I don't need it. My Asus is working fine and is more than capable to handle the requirements for my service.

Issue: I can't get rid of the router. I called Verizon and asked (per the web site) for a prepaid box to ship the router back on February 4th. Two weeks later, I tried again. Now, it's 4/21/18 and I still have this box sitting my NYC Condo. I'm up to 5 calls, each over a half hour. I even have a tracking number? Not sure what good it is referring to, it doesn't resemble any UPS/USPS/FEDEX code... {edited for privacy}.  I reveived this confirmation code on April 9th.

I am not going to take the subway to return this router, something that Verizon doesn't seem to understand. When you call, they say we have one of our offices just 1.3 miles from your home. Living in NYC, we don't just get into our private cars and rive to strip malls where abundant parking is free and available. Asking the representative for a cross street when they blurt out a random address on Broadway, which for the record spans the entire length of Manhattan results in a pause, radio silence.

They keep telling me there is a glitch preventing the box processing. Next, they can't even send me an email with a shipping label image, again, a glitch. I have answered each time I call that my building is not new, the mail gets here, and in fact, unlike most residential addresses there is staff available 24/7 to receive packages. No, there isn't an issue with my mailing address or email address for that matter.

How is this box going to make it out of my apartment?  Why can't Verizon figure this out? Even more worrying, I am convinced that Verizon doesn't know I have this router. Losing a $250 router, not good. With what I have experienced, I doubt it is uncommon.  How concerned am I about this situation and another billing issue I have already had in my first several months of service as a Verizon stockholder? VERY.

0 Likes
Re: Can't return equipment "glitch"
jonjones1
Legend

Go here call the toll free number http://www3.dps.ny.gov/ocs/itgate.nsf/(webDPS_welcome)?OpenForm

they are on in charge of Verizon. Call for faster service. I believe their is a NYC Department that also regulates Verizon Fios but you would have to look it up.

additionally you know there is abundant parking in New York City, that is a falsehood perpetrated by city residents to keep all the prime parking for themselves 😀 (you know I am joking) I am upstate where I can park everywhere. Move up here, get out of the rat race.

hope it works out 

0 Likes
Re: Can't return equipment "glitch"
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes