Can't stream 1080p video
slashnburn

I am unable to stream 1080p video consistenly. I have tried via multiple streaming sources, on multiple devices, with both wired and wireless connections. With some applications, like Plex, I can drop the quality to 720p at 2Mbps, and it will work fine for a time. During these outages, I am not losing a connection to the internet, and a speed test (via multiple sources) returns between 65-80 Mbps. I am also streaming only on that device. I have the Quantum router with 75/75 internet. This issue has creeped up recently (without any changes on my end) and seems to be getting worse as time goes on. Tech support was completely useless. Is this a bandwidth issue? QoS? Something else?

0 Likes
Re: Can't stream 1080p video
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So have you tried testing your connection?

Run a test from an Ethernet connected PC to speed test.verizon.net

0 Likes
Re: Cannot stream purchased Verizon movies
teachme1

Since March, I have been unable to stream purchased Verizon on Demand movies.  It is not the computer and it is not the search engine.  Verizon does not recognize Silverlight on my computer.  Firefox no longer supports Silverlight because it is insecure.  All the other streaming services that I use adjusted for this change.  It is only Verizon.

0 Likes