Can't use network switch connected to Quantum G1100 router
FIOSfan2013
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone had an issue connecting a switch (via patch cable) directly to one of the LAN ports on the G1100 Quantum Gateway router?   I'm using a Cisco SE2500 switch, and I can't seem to get it to work with my G1100 when using a patch cable (specifically, none of the activity lights on the router LAN port or the switch are active when I make the connection).

Has anyone else encountered this issue before?   I've confirmed that the patch cable and the switch work fine elsewhere, so I'm stumped as to why I can't connect it to the router.   Do I need a crossover cable?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Can't use network switch connected to Quantum G1100 router
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, use a crossover.

0 Likes
FIOSfan2013
Enthusiast - Level 3

I still can't get it to work even with a crossover cable.   Has anyone else ever run into this issue?   Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. I have two switches (actually routers as WiFi ap) with no issue.

0 Likes
FIOSfan2013
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using a Cisco SE2500 switch.   Apparently, the switch is compatible with both straight-through and crossover cables because all ports support auto MDI/MDI-X cable detection.

Could there be an issue related to the auto MDI/MDI-X cable detection and the G1100?

FIOSfan2013
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I started using a Cisco SG100-16 switch, and it seems to be working just fine with the G1100.   Still not sure why I couldn't get the SE2800 or SE2500 models to work -- but I seem to be all set for now.

0 Likes