Can't verify email
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon's web page periodically asks me to verify the email contact address I have given them.  I click the link on their page, I get an email that says "To verify this email address, please select the 'Verify Email Address' link below and enter your zip code.", but the link just redirects and I end up at https://www.verizon.com/foryourhome/myaccount/ngen/pr/home/myverizon.aspx , where I don't see any place to enter my zip code.  The latest time this happened was after I had contacted Verizon support, using Verizon's live chat and by phone, about an attempt I had made to purchase equipment from their web site.

0 Likes
Re: Can't verify email
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Might you be using Internet Explorer 11 as your browser?  If so, I'd suggest you try a different browser such as Firefox.

I use IE 11 as my primary browser and I find that a few Verizon website pages don't work properly with IE 11.  When that happens I fire up my backup browser, Firefox, and it serves as a work-around.

0 Likes
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

I normally use Firefox with NoScript, AdBlockPlus, and Ghostery for most web access, but I tried going to the link Verizon sent me with both Firefox & IE.  Firefox took me directly to https://www.verizon.com/foryourhome/myaccount/ngen/pr/home/myverizon.aspx presumably because I had used it previously to log in and I still had a cookie from them, and IE first took me to the log in page and then to the same place.

I guess I could try Opera, Chrome, Pale Moon, and Lynx, since I've got them all installed on my pc, but I'm not in the mood right now.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

You could try temporarily disabling NoScript, AdBlockPlus, and Ghostery.  Or if you are able to continue to sign in without being able to verify your email address....just ignore the request.

I got thinking about it and realize that although I've been using the Verizon website for a number of years I don't think I've ever had a request to confirm email with my zip code.

I wonder if that could've been some 3rd party phishing attempt.... 

0 Likes