Can't view a certain website
Xiakoda

I've been trying to get access to this website "http://www.xilero.net/" ip address: 67.222.128.20 and it keeps saying that the server is reset. I have had no previous problems going to any other websites, and I can still use the internet fine. I was wondering if it was blocked through my ISP. I tried calling tech support but I keep getting routed through the automated system. help?

0 Likes
Re: Can't view a certain website
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon doesn't block websites from users.

Verizon does use dynamic IP addresses, which means that you never have the same one, and you frequently get one that another user had just shortly before you did.    What that means for you is that it's possible that the person that had your IP address before you did became blacklisted from one or more websites, and so when you got their IP Address, you to became blacklisted.  It's also possible that It wasn't your IP Address specifically, but the entire RANGE of IP addresses was blocked by the website.

Because the problem is tied to an IP Address or more specifically a subnet from verizon that http://www.xilero.net/ has blocked, then you can unplug your modem over night in the hopes that in the AM you will receive a new IP and subnet to be on, and thus you will be able to access the website.   

That is the easiest solution sometimes.

The alternative to getting back on that site is to access "whatismyip.com"  

Get your ip address.  (for example only,  if it is 172.66.5.43, you will remove the 43 and replace it with a 0 instead.)  that will be the subnet that you want to give http://www.xilero.net, when you email them. 

Then you need to get the email address of their site admin's, I went to all-nettools.com/toolbox and found Quinones, Jose Carlos joseq@tailoredservers.com as the person that signed up this domain.  you want to email them something to the effect of: that you are a VZ user and it appears that their local network is preventing access from ip addresses in the following range, (give them your subnet here) which could be a result of an out of date filter.  please have your network admin update their filters to allow the ip space that is currently being used by VZ customers.

abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

please do trace route on the pc

For ex

C:\>tracert http://www.xilero.net

0 Likes
Xiakoda

I was able to access the site yesterday, but today the same error showed up. sigh...

Tracing route to http://www.xilero.net [63.251.179.13]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    *     *     *     Request timed out.

2    *     *     *     Request timed out.

3    *     *     *     Request timed out.

4    *     *     *     Request timed out.

5    *     *     *     Request timed out.

6    *     *     *     Request timed out.

7    *     *     *     Request timed out.

8    *     *     *     Request timed out.

9    *     *     *     Request timed out.

10   *     *     *     Request timed out.

11   *     *     *     Request timed out.

12   *     *     *     Request timed out.

13   *     *     *     Request timed out.

14   *     *     *     Request timed out.

15   *     *     *     Request timed out.

16   *     *     *     Request timed out.

17   *     *     *     Request timed out.

18   *     *     *     Request timed out.

19   *     *     *     Request timed out.

20   *     *     *     Request timed out.

21   *     *     *     Request timed out.

22   *     *     *     Request timed out.

23   *     *     *     Request timed out.

24   *     *     *     Request timed out.

25   *     *     *     Request timed out.

26   *     *     *     Request timed out.

27   *     *     *     Request timed out.

28   *     *     *     Request timed out.

29   *     *     *     Request timed out.

30   *     *     *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

I tracert http://www.google.com to compare and got the same results. Though I can access that just fine.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Odd tracert results,

The  subnet 63.251.0.0 of which the address 63.251.179.13 is part appears to figure highly in spam discussions

You may want to check your DNS server setup and also running Spybot and something like Adaware, running hijackthis might show something too.  I'm wondering whether your pc has been hijacked.

0 Likes
Xiakoda

If this was really a problem with my computer, would that result in my roommates not to be able to access that website as well?

They've also tried numerous times to connect and were not able to, though when my roommate took his lap top to work and connected with their wifi, he was able to connect with no problem whatsoever... this is really confusing me.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Xiakoda wrote:

If this was really a problem with my computer, would that result in my roommates not to be able to access that website as well?

No.

Do they get the same tracert results?

Do you get the same tracert results if you use the IP address 66.251.179.13??

What does running ipconfig /all return you?

You should at least see your VZ router on the tracert as hop 1.  Not seeing anything appears to say there is something odd about your tcp stack so it would be interesting to see whether you are getting a correct ip setup from the dhcp server and that is what the ipconfig /all command will tell you

0 Likes
Xiakoda

Do they get the same tracert results? - No, I just did a tracert on both of their computers. Theirs times out at 15 to 30.

Do you get the same tracert results if you use the IP address 66.251.179.13?? - Yes. All my requests time out.

What does running ipconfig /all return you?

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . Elly

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . .

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . .  Unknown

IP Routing Enabled . . . . . . No

WINS Proxy Enabled . . . . . . No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . . . . . . home

Description . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Intel <R> PRO/1000 PM Network Conneciton

Physical Address . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  00-16-76-1D-7B-35

DHcp Enabled . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . . . . . . .  Yes

IP Address . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 192.168.1.2

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  192.168.1.1

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I am pretty confident it's not with his pc or his settings, but with the IP's he is getting dished out by Verizon. 

do the whatismyip.org thing   that is your real ip address.    the 192.168.1.x  is the ip address your router masks your computer with.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe, however I also appear to get different results depending on whether I enter the IP address or DNS address

See below

C:\Documents and Settings\Peter>tracert 66.251.179.13

Tracing route to 66.251.179.13 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.3.1
  2     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
  3     5 ms     4 ms     4 ms  L101.BSTNMA-VFTTP-66.verizon-gni.net [96.233.107
.1]
  4     *     G0-3-3-7.BSTNMA-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.177.24]  reports: D
estination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

C:\Documents and Settings\Peter>tracert http://www.xilero.net

Tracing route to http://www.xilero.net [63.251.179.13]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.3.1
  2     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
  3     6 ms     5 ms     5 ms  L101.BSTNMA-VFTTP-66.verizon-gni.net [96.233.107
.1]
  4     6 ms     6 ms     6 ms  G0-3-3-7.BSTNMA-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.1
77.24]
  5     6 ms     6 ms     6 ms  so-4-0-0-0.BOS-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net [130.81.2
9.44]
  6    13 ms    13 ms    14 ms  0.so-0-2-0.XL3.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.16.137]
  7    66 ms    66 ms    66 ms  0.so-7-0-0.XL3.DEN4.ALTER.NET [152.63.89.158]
  8    64 ms    65 ms    66 ms  POS6-0.GW3.DEN4.ALTER.NET [152.63.72.69]
  9    61 ms    62 ms    63 ms  internap-gw.customer.alter.net [157.130.162.54]

10    63 ms    63 ms    64 ms  border8.ge4-1-bbnet2.den.pnap.net [216.52.40.77]

11    72 ms    71 ms    70 ms  allmar-4.border8.den.pnap.net [66.151.163.98]
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14  ^C
C:\Documents and Settings\Peter>

According to that, my local WAN gateway server appears to not have a routing table address to get to the network via ip address however the DNS server does appear to be able to get there, maybe

0 Likes