01-03-2020 08:35 AM
I had a working PiHole, and now it's not working because I don't see a place to set the DNS settings in the G3100.
1) Is there a place to set that?
2) If there's not a place to set that, what happens if I drop in a Netgear AX8 and pull the G3100?
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-03-2020 05:06 PM
If you don't have FiOS TV service with STBs, you can use any router you wish.
If you do have STBs, refer to the thread on using your own router.
Keep in mind that the newest STBs will only use FiOS router to connect using WiFi.
02-21-2020 12:53 PM
I was able to set the router to use my PiHole as a DNS server for the G3100.
1. Go to Network
2. Go to Network Connections
3. Click "Edit" to the left of "Broadband Connection (Ethernet/Coax)"
4. Click "Setting >"
5. Change "Obtain IPv4 Address Automatically" to "Use the Following IPv4 Address"
6. In "IPv4 DNS Address 1:" add your PiHole server IP, in "IPv4 DNS Address 2:" add a secondary DNS if desired (used as backup)
7. Click Apply
8. Change "Use the Following IPv4 Address" back to "Obtain IPv4 Address Automatically"
9. Click Apply
10. You should be PiHoled