Can you use the g3100 and g1000 together?
Rob22NYC

I have FIOS TV and have one mini box  I use wirelessly since there is no cable access on that wall. In my house I had the G1100 and a WCB6200Q extender since I have 4 floors in my townhouse. and all coaxial connections. The TV picture on the wireless mini would cut out and consistently say it had a poor WiFi connection. I tried moving router ect, but it remained and issue.  I was told by VZ that if I upgraded to the G3100 it would improve the TV picture/signal. So now if I use the G3100, it seems to help with the tv issue(so far), but I don’t have the WiFi coverage in the house with just the G3100. Therefore Instead of spending even more $ on a new extender, I was wondering if I could use my G1100 (or old extender) in conjunction with my G3100 to extend my coverage? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can you use the g3100 and g1000 together?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes you can. But your G1100's throughput will be bottlenecked to 500Mbps due to MoCA 2.0 version on G1100.

You need to disable Broadband connection of G1100, as well as DHCP server. Then you should be good to go.

You can use coax to coax between G3100 and G1100.

View solution in original post

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

In Search the Community type in :

router vs extender?

Let us know if this helps you.

Rob22NYC

Sorry, novice here. It seems like the answer is “yes”. But confused on how exactly to do. Will I be able to connect the second router via coaxial upstairs? I see a lot of references to Ethernet connections which I don’t have in my house.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes you can. But your G1100's throughput will be bottlenecked to 500Mbps due to MoCA 2.0 version on G1100.

You need to disable Broadband connection of G1100, as well as DHCP server. Then you should be good to go.

You can use coax to coax between G3100 and G1100.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes