Can you use your own router while having Verizon Fios+TV?
Zombie105
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, 

I'm trying to avoid paying rental fees for the Verizon router. I'm signed up for Verizon Internet+TV+phone.  I purchased a Netgear X6s router and I have a moca adapter. Thanks for the help..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can you use your own router while having Verizon Fios+TV?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You definitely can. I have a Ubiquiti router with a MoCA adapter and it works fine. 

The only thing is I do also have a FiOS router (G1100) on hand because when I have my Ubiquiti set up in place the STB doesn’t update. You might also have this issue during activation during the install. You might need to have the tech temporarily put in the FiOS router during the install.

I would also look into buying an Actiontec Rev i router to have on hand in case one of your STBs goes bad and you need to activate a new one. 

View solution in original post

Re: Can you use your own router while having Verizon Fios+TV?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You definitely can. I have a Ubiquiti router with a MoCA adapter and it works fine. 

The only thing is I do also have a FiOS router (G1100) on hand because when I have my Ubiquiti set up in place the STB doesn’t update. You might also have this issue during activation during the install. You might need to have the tech temporarily put in the FiOS router during the install.

I would also look into buying an Actiontec Rev i router to have on hand in case one of your STBs goes bad and you need to activate a new one.