Cancel Pending LifeLink Internet Order

Hello:

On Thursday, January 23rd 10:00 am ET, I called Verizon as an approved LifeLink customer in MA. I wanted to set up basic internet. I was told I had to sign up for regular customer internet service and even click “Agree” to the texted contract before I would be emailed a Verizon LifeLink application. So I did. Was given a lengthy order number. The email didn’t arrive.

After over an hour on the phone trying to sort this out, I was finally told it was “in process” and to wait an hour and call back. I called back. Was finally sent Verizon LifeLink pdf application which would have to be printed, filled out by hand, and mailed back. Yes, in 2020. Anyway, the first line indicated I could either choose a mobile or internet LifeLink account not both. This immediately eliminated an internet account option. I called back Verizon at 12:00 pm ET to cancel the morning order. 

I then spent until 4:45 pm ET on the phone with Verizon talking to, on hold, “call back in an hour”, “give us 3 days to fix and then decline when the installers show up at your door”, “I’ll call you back”, “I’ll call you back tomorrow or Saturday, I promise”, “you can’t talk to a supervisor”, disconnection after wait 36 minutes, “your order can’t be cancelled as it’s in the back room, offline, no way for us to access”, etc. 

No one called back Friday or Saturday despite promises. All online app cancel directions lead to an obligatory phone call to 1-800-VERIZON. So at 2:00 am ET this morning I left an automated message to call me back at 8:00 am tomorrow. I am doubtful they’ll call. I simply want to cancel my order which is due to be installed Feb 27th. It is not acceptable to have to wait to “decline installation” to that moment. Any help appreciated. I am a longtime Xfinity customer who has never experienced such a nightmare of customer service. 

0 Likes
Re: Cancel Pending LifeLink Internet Order
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi 777,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.