Switch Account

Cancelation of services and trying to return dvr and cable box with remotes to avoid being charged

Cancelation of services and trying to return dvr and cable box with remotes to avoid being charged

Contributor cmaell001
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(896 Views)

I called Verizon on 10/19 to cancel my services, but ended up keeping the internet. As such, I needed to return my dvr and cable box, along with the remotes. The Verizon rep said I could keep my current router and wouldn't be charged for a new one, or they could send me a new one that would be $9.99/mo. I told her I didn't want the router.

Well, a few days later, guess what showed up? The router. What didn't show up? The boxes to send the equipment back.

Well, I waited a few weeks, but they never came. Today, I called Verizon to figure out what's up with my boxes to send my equipment back and what the deal with the router they sent me was.

My first call, at 4:20 EST was 15 minutes. The rep told me that there was nothing she could do because I had an open case, which was my equipment return. Even though I kept saying, the problem is with my case, she just said call back in 1-2 days. Well, it's been 13 business days and I'm getting emails reminding me to return my equipment, so that's not acceptable. When I asked to speak to a manager, she said the manager would say the same thing. I said I would like to speak to the manager anyway, and when I said that, she hung up on me. I couldn't believe it. I waited for her to call back, but nope, she sure didn't. Completely unacceptable.

I called at 4:36, talked to a different lady that managed to figure out how to send me the boxes they needed to ship within 8 minutes.

Some of your customer service people are just terrible.

1 REPLY 1
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 2 of 2
(809 Views)

The fact that the first rep hung up on you shows either a serious lack of training for the rep in dealing with frustrated customers or V* doesn't care about customers. 

I've been a FIOS customer longer than I care to say, and I've encountered my share of rude V* CSRs.  However, I've found that if I'm calm in relaying my problems/frustrations, the CSRs tend to be less combative, but most of the time, they're ill-equipt to do anything. 

Still, CSRs should be trained to deal with difficult people, as most folks that call in for support are already frustrated. 

I had a similar situation years ago where they shipped me two new routers that I did not ask for, then it appeared on my bill.  I disputed those charges for two years, until finally, I called the SVP of Investor Relations.  My billing issues were resolved pretty quickly.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.