Canceling phone service
mark3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice.  A couple months ago I add FIOS internet service to my existing telephone plan (i.e. I am not on a bundle plan).  I would like to drop the telephone (porting the number to a VoIP company) and keep the internet.  Do I need to do anything as far as Verizon is concerned? I want to make sure nothing disturbs my internet.  Thank you for your help, I find calling V on the phone to be a fustrating experience.

Thanks.

Mark

0 Likes
Re: Canceling phone service
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Canceling phone service will not affect your Fios internet. Since fios internet doesnt require a phone line, its not a required service.

The only thing that may be an issue is that I'm told that if you do not have a Land line phone, you must change your billing to an automatic billing on a credit card. They will not send you a bill in the mail unless you have home phone. At least thats what they told me. But since I wanted a landline just for times when the cell wasnt working anyway it was not an issue for me but I've heard others that didnt like having to have it billed to a cc. But as far as I know, thats the only change/drawback to having fios without a phone.

0 Likes