Canceling phone service

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Canceling phone service

Message 1 of 2
(5,147 Views)

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice.  A couple months ago I add FIOS internet service to my existing telephone plan (i.e. I am not on a bundle plan).  I would like to drop the telephone (porting the number to a VoIP company) and keep the internet.  Do I need to do anything as far as Verizon is concerned? I want to make sure nothing disturbs my internet.  Thank you for your help, I find calling V on the phone to be a fustrating experience.

Thanks.

Mark

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: Canceling phone service

Message 2 of 2
(5,049 Views)

Canceling phone service will not affect your Fios internet. Since fios internet doesnt require a phone line, its not a required service.

The only thing that may be an issue is that I'm told that if you do not have a Land line phone, you must change your billing to an automatic billing on a credit card. They will not send you a bill in the mail unless you have home phone. At least thats what they told me. But since I wanted a landline just for times when the cell wasnt working anyway it was not an issue for me but I've heard others that didnt like having to have it billed to a cc. But as far as I know, thats the only change/drawback to having fios without a phone.

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.