Cannot Access Live Journal without a Proxy or viewing via Cached on Google Search
delshaiaonline

I have tried using opera, firefox and internet explorer. They all tell me the connection timed out or was reset. This is the ONLY website I can find that appears to be blocked. I also cannot ping it using the CMD

It says

"pinging livejournal.com"

"request timed out"

4 packets sent 0 received

I have turned off all internet safety stuff just to see if it makes a difference, it does not. I am seriously angry about this.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Access Live Journal without a Proxy or viewing via Cached on Google Search
Hubrisnxs
Legend

probably happened is the person before you that had your ip address last week or the week before probably caused havoc on that website, adn they blocked that ip address,  you can try leaving your modem off all night when you go to bed and back on in the am in an attempt to get a new ip address.   simply rebooting it won't help.    if you call tech support they may be able to break the lease, and then you can do a reset, but that may or may not be enough time to let it grab a new ip address.

I would do the first thing, and if that didn't help then call vz. 

Re: Cannot Access Live Journal without a Proxy or viewing via Cached on Google Search
delshaiaonline

I get a new lease every time my computer goes to sleep and then wakes up, so I don't think so and this problem  has been going on for a few weeks now, that I know of.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@delshaiaonline wrote:

I get a new lease every time my computer goes to sleep and then wakes up, so I don't think so and this problem  has been going on for a few weeks now, that I know of.

That only affects the (LAN) IP address that your computer gets from your router, not the (WAN) IP address that your router gets from Verizon. Your WAN IP address is what would be causing a problem.

0 Likes