Cannot Access iTunes Store: How to setup up VISS and Family Protection?
michaelj68

Apple did an automatic update of iTunes a few months ago and since then I cannot access the iTunes store. I looked around the web and there are posts mentioning anti-virus, firewalls, and web filtering do not interact very well with iTunes. Is there settings etc I can set to have iTunes work smoothly? I have the VISS package and Family Protection. Thank you. 

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Access iTunes Store: How to setup up VISS and Family Protection?
accjduncan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having a similar problem.  I have downloaded the newest itunes version, but I am unable to log into the itunes store.  It doesn't seem to be a problem with itunes, and after reading the rather confusing information on the web about router settings and security, I suspect that my Verizon software might be the cause.  Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Access tunes Store: How to setup up VISS and Family Protection?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Open op your Verizon Security Suite program and pull up the firewall settings. Please make sure Itunes is in the allowed program list. This will guarantee the firewall does not effect Itunes traffic.

michaelj68

Thank you for the reply. I did set "Internet Connections for Programs" for iTunes for "Full" Access and Net Guard Off and I am still having the same problem.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This would not be a problem with your firewall then if you have granted it full access. Hopefully someone else here has the solution, or you would have to contact Apple to see what the problem with their software is.

0 Likes
accjduncan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I uninstalled Family Protection and itunes runs like a dream!  I tried everything else; so I guess the problem was Verizon's software.  It's a shame that Verizon could not fix it when asked.

Danielle618

I was having the exact same issue for weeks, and I am so glad I came across your post! (This is after I had exhausted every possible solution...) I uninstalled Family Protection, and it worked like a charm.  Thank you so much for posting this!

0 Likes
accjduncan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm glad to help!  I too tried everything I could think of, and it was maddening!  Removing Family Protection was my last option.  Sadly, Verizon still hasn't offered any reason why itunes shouldn't run with their software. 

0 Likes
BritInAshburn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Been troubleshooting iTunes issues for weeks and stumbled upon this. I had the Familiy Protection installed but only for administrating Kids PCs, was not enabled. I added *apple.com didn't work, tried just disabling didn't work  so I uninstalled and now working.

Wonder if VZ will fix this?

0 Likes
BritInAshburn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just had to remove Family Protection from one daughters laptops to get iTunes running. With Family Protection installed you cannot browse the store or synch purchases.

I do hope that VZ sort this out else I'll be looking elsewhere for my security suite.