Switch Account

Cannot Connect or Get Thrown Off 2.4 ghz Network

Cannot Connect or Get Thrown Off 2.4 ghz Network

Contributor DebPlume
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(584 Views)

Verizon FIOS routers totally suck. I have two one at my home and one at my office several blocks away. IN BOTH CASES I either a. cannot connect to 2.4 gz OR b I get thrown off the 2.4gz. So there is no way I can print or use other devices. 

I AM SO DONE WITH VERIZON -- 2 hours on the phone and the best they can do is blame my mac -- REALLY?????????

Total **bleep**

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(501 Views)

If you're seeing issues with a Mac, log into your router and make sure the DTIM interval is set to 3 for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. You'll find this under the Advanced Wireless Settings. Also, connect your Mac to the 5Ghz network and not 2.4Ghz network unless you need 2.4Ghz.

Highlighted
Contributor SADresser
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(448 Views)

I'm seeing the same issues.  See the details of my problem here.:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/G1100-2-4-wifi-slow-or-impossible-to-connect/td-p/877774

Contributor KGOT118
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(375 Views)

I was having the same issue, started 2-3 weeks ago as well. My wifi extender also stopped working.  Yesterday I got a new wifi extender, thought the issue was that.

Luckliy, I found this thread, after reading the posts. 

I just went into my router settings and disabled the 2.4ghz network which disable all internet. I had to plug in my ethernet cable signed back into router setting, re-enabled the 2.4ghz network and now I'm able to connect to the 2.4ghz network with no issue and also my old wifi extender works again

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.