Cannot Port Forwawrd
bpatel58

Hi! My router is Actiontec MI424WR (got FiOS in August '09). I am trying to connect TVersity Media Server with my PS3; therefore, I need to forward ports according to the articles I've read. I logged into my router setup and went to Port Forwarding page, but I can't see the red "add" button like the Portforward.com guide says.. I do;however,see a blue "Add'" button, but once I click it, it says

" Error:

Please select the IP Address you want to forward to, or select an already connected item from the list."

I'd really appreciate your help! Thanks Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Port Forwawrd
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Check the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Server(s) on your computer.

This means as example, if you use Windows XP..

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in cmd annd press enter.

c) In the new window, called the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

#2 With your web browser, try to go to the default gateway and log-in as need be.

#3 If you can not get access to the router, following my step(s): You are Double NATTED.

#4 In the Actiontec MI424WR go to Advanced -> UPnP.

#5 Turn off UPnP in it, unless you have at least two game consoles behind this router.

#6 In the Actiontec MI424WR go to Advanced -> IP Address Distribution

#7 What is the DHCP Range of the router?

0 Likes
bpatel58

Thanks a lot for replying back!

I went to Default Gateway and was logged in successfully. I turned off UPnP because the only game console connected to this router is PS3. Then, I went to IP Address Distribution, and there is "Dynamic IP Range" which I assume is the same as what you are asking for in #7? well, here it is:

DHCP Server

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Dynamic IP Range: 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254

I will await your reply!

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 In the router change the DHCP Range so that it is..

Start: 192.168.1.50

End:192.168.1.254

#2 On the PS3 Setup a Static IP.

Points to http://www.pregamelobby.com/forum/ps3-ps2-psone-discussions/5618-how-get-type-2-open-nat-your-ps3.ht...

#3 In the router forward to the Static IP.

0 Likes