Cannot access In Home Agent
BillKerr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I try to access the In Home Agent from the Support page it just gives a message about accessing my information.  The browser refreshes this page often but it never goes anywhere.  This is happening with MSIE and Firefox browsers.  How can I install the In Home Agent?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot access In Home Agent
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I point to and quote from http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Installing-InHome-Agent/td-p/544663

a) I like the online version of the app at www.verizon.com/repair  

you can do a lot of the functions of the app without all the bloatware.

b)  As other have said it does something, it waste resources.  Not sure on the MAC, but on PC's it has been none to drive at least one cpu to 100% (If you only have one its really bad).  And the number of functions it does that you might ever want to do is minimal.

Personally I recommend that you uninstall it, and make sure you get all pieces of it.

c) Count yourselves lucky, That program is more trouble than help. It took me about 90 seconds to realize this and to remove it from my system. If you have any real questions about anything more complex than hitting the enter key, you are not going to find any answers from the In Home Agent. Its all basic stuff and will not help with any real issues.

You will probably find better, more easy to understand and more usable answers on Google than you can in any verizon software i have seen to date.

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I point to and quote from http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Installing-InHome-Agent/td-p/544663

a) I like the online version of the app at www.verizon.com/repair  

you can do a lot of the functions of the app without all the bloatware.

b)  As other have said it does something, it waste resources.  Not sure on the MAC, but on PC's it has been none to drive at least one cpu to 100% (If you only have one its really bad).  And the number of functions it does that you might ever want to do is minimal.

Personally I recommend that you uninstall it, and make sure you get all pieces of it.

c) Count yourselves lucky, That program is more trouble than help. It took me about 90 seconds to realize this and to remove it from my system. If you have any real questions about anything more complex than hitting the enter key, you are not going to find any answers from the In Home Agent. Its all basic stuff and will not help with any real issues.

You will probably find better, more easy to understand and more usable answers on Google than you can in any verizon software i have seen to date.

Jeff1001

Depends where you download it. Main IHA download site won't work on my computer 7-64Bit. Tried other locations with search and found one that would.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Jeff1001 wrote:

Depends where you download it. Main IHA download site won't work on my computer 7-64Bit. Tried other locations with search and found one that would.

And you still have money in the bank? 

SERIOUSLY DON"T DOWNLOAD VERIZON PC OR MAC SOFTWARE EXCEPT FROM VERIZON SITES.  Don't download wireless software accept from authorized channels (Verizon, Gooble Play, IPhone store)

0 Likes