Cannot access certain websites.
xzeng76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Technician,

Could you check how to access the websites under the domain iciba.com such as www.iciba.com, news.iciba.com etc? I called the support and the guy told me that it might be the problem with the website iciba.com. But I can access this site with any other internet service. Thank you for your assistance.

Regards.

Amy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot access certain websites.
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Who is your mobile data provider?

This may have to do with your assigned DNS server from Verizon.

You can try to configure manual DNS server at your router. Change it to 8.8.8.8, for example.

Go to Web GUI -> My Networks -> Network Connections -> Broadband (Ethernet/Coax) -> Settings -> DNS Server -> Use the Following DNS Server Addresses: Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8, Secondary DNS: your current DNS IP address.

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@xzeng76 wrote:

Dear Technician,

This forum is more peer to peer. Meaning we are just user(s) that help each other.

Q1 What is the brand and model of your router?

Q2 While we get that you have FIOS Internet, do you also have FIOS TV?

For this next question even if you have a spare one not connected to anything else (not even power supply), you must say: Yes, but it is a spare.

Q3 Do you have a separate router?

Please note for this next question: One of the NICs must be a wired NIC and it should not be a portable type of computer (ex: a laptop).

Q4 Do you have spare computer that works that either has two NICs or you could add a second NIC?

I just used https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ to check that site and it reported, it was not me - the site was down at the time that I checked. 😞

xzeng76
Enthusiast - Level 2

dslr595148,

Thanks for your reply. Our router is G3100 and we just have Fios Internet. We have a spare router but I never tried to see whether it works for Fios Internet. We don't have any desktop. 

When I tried to open www.iciba.com, it showed:

This site can’t be reached

iciba.com’s server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I also visited  https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and it reported the site is down. But when I switched my smartphone from wifi to mobile data, I do have access to this site. Also I don't have any problem to visit this site before from wifi services at stores, libraries, spectrum and any other internet services we subscribed before. 

Best.

Amy

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Who is your mobile data provider?

This may have to do with your assigned DNS server from Verizon.

You can try to configure manual DNS server at your router. Change it to 8.8.8.8, for example.

Go to Web GUI -> My Networks -> Network Connections -> Broadband (Ethernet/Coax) -> Settings -> DNS Server -> Use the Following DNS Server Addresses: Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8, Secondary DNS: your current DNS IP address.

xzeng76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cang_Household,

0 Likes