Cannot access specific website in China
minqiang

I used to use comcast but now switched to gigbit fios. I can sense that the response time of webpages gets slightly slower, even though the full time speed is much faster.

The most unhappy thing to me is now I suddenly cannot access a lot of webistes in China, or at very very slow speed, compared to comcast.

One example is www.52shici.com. I can access this website with my cellphone with absolutely no problem, but cannot access it through fios.

And I am so afraid to contact Verizon. Every time, some id***t just reset my service without solving the problem, causing a lot of temp pain on my side to wait for service back on line.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot access specific website in China
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe you have discovered a larger problem here!

If one of the mods could please pass this along to Verizon's networking team, there is no route to most of the 122.152.X.X (the IP of 52shici.com) network in Verizon's routers.

This is tested from 3 different FiOS connections in Pittsburgh, PA. Two residential, and one business.

View solution in original post

Re: Cannot access specific website in China
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe you have discovered a larger problem here!

If one of the mods could please pass this along to Verizon's networking team, there is no route to most of the 122.152.X.X (the IP of 52shici.com) network in Verizon's routers.

This is tested from 3 different FiOS connections in Pittsburgh, PA. Two residential, and one business.