Cannot cancel services?
Akp221

Can someone please help me? I cannot seem to cancel no matter what I try. I've called a dozen times at all different hours and generally the automated thing hangs up on me or tells me to call back later. I've also chatted with support but they gave me a different number than 1-800-Verizon, which also hangs up on me. I actually like Verizon but there is no service where I moved to in San Francisco. 

0 Likes
Re: Cannot cancel services?
jonjones1
Legend

The best time to call 1-800-VERIZON is after 8 am EDT since you are in California I think you are back 3 hours. Yep I just checked so call the number at 11:00-11:30 am and you will get a person in the USA

just say cancel service at the prompt and they transfer your call to a retention person.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to cancel FIOS service or cell service?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note.  Hopefully original posters problem is settled.

One of the admins posted this alternate number for cancelling Verizon Residential services.

"To cancel service, you should call 1-844-837-2262 Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm (ET)."

0 Likes
GRavi

Hello, 

I have the same problem. I like the Verizon Fios internet service, but there is no service in Redmond, WA area. I have no choice but to cancel the service, but no one cares to attend the call at 844-837-2262. I've tried atleast 5 times and everytime I waited for 30 mins. I called them multiple times of the day. No luck so far. Still waiting for someone to answer my call. Apparently, this is the only way Verizon provided for cancelling the service. Very frustrating..

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi GRavi,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes