Cannot connect FIOS battery - Stop the beeping
calvinfleming

I'm on hold again waiting for Verizon to answer. I just want the beeping to end!!!  When I originally started hearing the beeping noise, I discovered that it was a battery issue. But funny enough, there wasn't even a battery in the Verizon box. Maybe something the Verizon tech person that installed it, forgot to include? Anyhow.. this confused me and the customer service rep to no end... I thought it was resolved.

"Luckily" enough, Verizon just sent me a 'replacement' battery. They originally didn't want to give me the battery for free, but since I was a new customer (of only one month) they said it was still under warranty. (I know.. funny, how they didn't want to replace a battery, that I never had). How could I even prove that I didn't have a battery that I didn't know I needed or existed... to torture myself with an insane beeping noise that wakes me up in the middle of the night... another story.. 

Finally my question: Verizon sent me a battery that finally arrived today.. but the battery has no connectors. See pics below... the red and white wires that the video that they point to, it says to take them off the old battery.. but I had no old battery... 

Where would i get these red and white wire connecters? Or do I wait for Verizon to try again... this is such a pain. 

The beeping must stop!! I'm only writing because I have plenty of time as I'm sitting on hold yet again with Verizon. Ugh... any advice is appreciated.

imageimage

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot connect FIOS battery - Stop the beeping
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The bbu that you have is an older unit that needs to be replaced. You need to call Verizon and have them send a tech to replace the bbu and psu. The newer models do not beep. It is now the customer's responsibility to replace the battery at their expense. Verizon will do it for a $40 charge plus shipping.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

My guess is you are an Internet only customer, which is why Verizon didn't install the battery to start with.  Internet only doesn't use the battery for backup; it is used only for voice.

Your install is missing the battery harness that go between the connector you highlighted and the battery; you'll need to call them again to try and get the harness.  If you spot a tech on the street, you might be able to get one from him.

There may also be a way to turn off the beeping.  I've seen lots of posts on this forum about it, but I don't remember the details.  You can try searching the forum or wait to see if another user provides the details.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you hit alarm silence, that should silence the beeping for 24 hour periods.

I would definitely call and get a tech.  gs0b is correct, you're missing the connecting harness.  

I am not sure they can send "just" the harness, and I am pretty sure new batteries in general do not come with one. 

You can always drop by a batterymart, or radioshack or similar store, to get that part if you don't want to wait for a shipment or a tech.

You can disable that beeping by accessing the ONT, and if you feel comfortable re-arranging jumpers, you should be able to find and pull the replace battery jumper. 

Or since you have the battery, I would rewire the thing to back up my internet if we lose power.  just make sure you have a nice beefy UPS to power your PC and peripherals

Prevent Verizon FiOS internet/power outage by modifying your Online Network Terminal -

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The bbu that you have is an older unit that needs to be replaced. You need to call Verizon and have them send a tech to replace the bbu and psu. The newer models do not beep. It is now the customer's responsibility to replace the battery at their expense. Verizon will do it for a $40 charge plus shipping.

0 Likes