Switch Account

Cannot connect to Google or other Google products but can ping to the sites

SOLVED
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Cannot connect to Google or other Google products but can ping to the sites

Message 21 of 39
(1,207 Views)

Are you all using Home Network Protection? If so, try and disable it and see if that fixes the issue. After yet another discussion with a support rep we tried it and it's working for now. I will report back on whether or not it stays that way.

If you need help disabling Home Network Protection just let me know. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: intermittent connectivity issues

Message 22 of 39
(1,204 Views)

Disabling Home Network Protection immediately solved the problem. In addition to problems with google domains, slack.com and the slack app were problematic for me. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 23 of 39
(1,204 Views)

Great that was it "Home Network Protection". I am pretty sure I didn't turn that on or if it was on; it had been that way for a while. I did recently have a FIOS tech come replace my ONT about 2 weeks ago, because water had knocked out the power to the previous one.

NOTE:- the only feature I had turned on in the last 3 months was SON (i.e. self-organizing network) with no issues

Thanks for the tip and hopefully this is the end of the road for my challenge.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 24 of 39
(1,202 Views)

While disabling Home Network Protections fixed the problem, that's not a truly  desirable solution. I had used this for years. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 25 of 39
(1,112 Views)

Thanks, I've disabled Home Network Protections. Hopefully it won't be any problem from now on. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cannot connect to Google or other Google products but can ping to the sites

Message 26 of 39
(1,001 Views)

Thanks!  This worked for me also.

Highlighted
Trivia Champ
Trivia Champ

Message 27 of 39
(995 Views)

@wowza wrote:

While disabling Home Network Protections fixed the problem, that's not a truly  desirable solution. I had used this for years. 

Please explain why you feel that way.

Thank you

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 28 of 39
(891 Views)

Thanks for all of your responses. Since I disabled Home Network Protections several days ago, the issue has been gone. I've marked this thread as solved. Thanks.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 29 of 39
(831 Views)

@dslr595148 wrote:

@wowza wrote:

Please explain why you feel that way.

Thank you

Why does that take any explanation? It's a standard feature offered to customers and it suddenly stopped working without any response from Verizon. The correct response is for it to be addressed and fixed, not for customers to simply stop using a feature that Verizon clearly broke. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Can't Connect to Google Services

Message 30 of 39
(830 Views)

I'm having a very weird and infuriating problem at home. While on my home network, no one -- on any device -- can access Google apps or www.google.com. This happened all of the sudden. At times, we aren't able to access certain other services, too -- like Apple's weather app and Amazon Prime Video. The internet otherwise works as it should and has great upload and download speeds. 

I reset the router to factory settings just in case and then plugged the ethernet cord directly into my computer. I confirmed that I could not access google even then. What's more, i confirmed that if I use a VPN or proxy, I can access Google. It would be an acceptable solution to use a VPN moving forward, but I can't use a VPN on my Roku or Nest. 

Does anyone have any ideas about what to do here?!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.