Re: Cannot connect to Google or other Google products but can ping to the sites
Manipul2020
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you all using Home Network Protection? If so, try and disable it and see if that fixes the issue. After yet another discussion with a support rep we tried it and it's working for now. I will report back on whether or not it stays that way.

If you need help disabling Home Network Protection just let me know. 

Re: intermittent connectivity issues
wowza
Enthusiast - Level 1

Disabling Home Network Protection immediately solved the problem. In addition to problems with google domains, slack.com and the slack app were problematic for me. 

JC_HOMEGUEST
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great that was it "Home Network Protection". I am pretty sure I didn't turn that on or if it was on; it had been that way for a while. I did recently have a FIOS tech come replace my ONT about 2 weeks ago, because water had knocked out the power to the previous one.

NOTE:- the only feature I had turned on in the last 3 months was SON (i.e. self-organizing network) with no issues

Thanks for the tip and hopefully this is the end of the road for my challenge.

wowza
Enthusiast - Level 1

While disabling Home Network Protections fixed the problem, that's not a truly  desirable solution. I had used this for years. 

robbychen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I've disabled Home Network Protections. Hopefully it won't be any problem from now on. 

Re: Cannot connect to Google or other Google products but can ping to the sites
WellConnected
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!  This worked for me also.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@wowza wrote:

While disabling Home Network Protections fixed the problem, that's not a truly  desirable solution. I had used this for years. 

Please explain why you feel that way.

Thank you

robbychen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for all of your responses. Since I disabled Home Network Protections several days ago, the issue has been gone. I've marked this thread as solved. Thanks.

0 Likes
Manipul2020
Enthusiast - Level 3

@dslr595148 wrote:

@wowza wrote:

Please explain why you feel that way.

Thank you

Why does that take any explanation? It's a standard feature offered to customers and it suddenly stopped working without any response from Verizon. The correct response is for it to be addressed and fixed, not for customers to simply stop using a feature that Verizon clearly broke. 

Can't Connect to Google Services
Jazer88

I'm having a very weird and infuriating problem at home. While on my home network, no one -- on any device -- can access Google apps or www.google.com. This happened all of the sudden. At times, we aren't able to access certain other services, too -- like Apple's weather app and Amazon Prime Video. The internet otherwise works as it should and has great upload and download speeds. 

I reset the router to factory settings just in case and then plugged the ethernet cord directly into my computer. I confirmed that I could not access google even then. What's more, i confirmed that if I use a VPN or proxy, I can access Google. It would be an acceptable solution to use a VPN moving forward, but I can't use a VPN on my Roku or Nest. 

Does anyone have any ideas about what to do here?!

0 Likes