Cannot connect to Google or other Google products but can ping to the sites

SOLVED
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Can't Connect to Google Services

Message 31 of 33
(451 Views)

See thread Cannot connect to Google or other Google products but can ping to the sites 

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: intermittent connectivity issues

Message 32 of 33
(449 Views)

@Manipul2020 wrote:

@dslr595148 wrote:

@wowza wrote:

While disabling Home Network Protections fixed the problem, that's not a truly  desirable solution. I had used this for years. 

Please explain why you feel that way.

Thank you

Why does that take any explanation? It's a standard feature offered to customers and it suddenly stopped working without any response from Verizon. The correct response is for it to be addressed and fixed, not for customers to simply stop using a feature that Verizon clearly broke. 

While not truely fixed yet, it is a work around in the meantime. I and other CLs as well as admins/mods of this message board will make sure that Verizon has be notified of this issue that one or more users want a real fix (not just a work around).

Since it is work around and not a real fix I unsolved post 19 of this thread (direct link = https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Cannot-connect-to-Google-or-other-Google-products-but-ca...) and marked this post of mine the correct one.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: intermittent connectivity issues

Message 33 of 33
(425 Views)

Since it is work around and not a real fix I unsolved post 19 of this thread (direct link = https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Cannot-connect-to-Google-or-other-Google-products-but-ca...) and marked this post of mine the correct one.

Thanks for the correction. Since I don't really use the Home Network Protection feature, I don't mind disabling it.

FYI, some of the options in the FIOS app seem to be corresponding to the settings in the router's admin. I'm sure that the options in the Home Network Protection are also somewhere in the admin, perhaps in the Firewall section. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.