Community Leader
Re: intermittent connectivity issues
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Manipul2020 wrote:

@dslr595148 wrote:

@wowza wrote:

While disabling Home Network Protections fixed the problem, that's not a truly  desirable solution. I had used this for years. 

Please explain why you feel that way.

Thank you

Why does that take any explanation? It's a standard feature offered to customers and it suddenly stopped working without any response from Verizon. The correct response is for it to be addressed and fixed, not for customers to simply stop using a feature that Verizon clearly broke. 

While not truely fixed yet, it is a work around in the meantime. I and other CLs as well as admins/mods of this message board will make sure that Verizon has be notified of this issue that one or more users want a real fix (not just a work around).

Since it is work around and not a real fix I unsolved post 19 of this thread (direct link = https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Cannot-connect-to-Google-or-other-Google-products-but-ca...) and marked this post of mine the correct one.

robbychen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since it is work around and not a real fix I unsolved post 19 of this thread (direct link = https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Cannot-connect-to-Google-or-other-Google-products-but-ca...) and marked this post of mine the correct one.

Thanks for the correction. Since I don't really use the Home Network Protection feature, I don't mind disabling it.

FYI, some of the options in the FIOS app seem to be corresponding to the settings in the router's admin. I'm sure that the options in the Home Network Protection are also somewhere in the admin, perhaps in the Firewall section. 

0 Likes
Fios router won't allow google.com to appear in any browser
Mike1311

Every so often I cannot access any google site. I just get a "site is unreachable" page instead. This happens on all our devices, iMac, MacBook, iphones, etc, and in all browsers (tried chrome, firefox, brave, opera). If I try to access google using a cellular connection, everything works as it should. So the problem seems to be with fios, not mac, as far as I can tell. If I reset the fios router, the problem goes away for a spell. The same thing happened a few months ago, Verizon swapped my router and the problem disappeared.

0 Likes
Re: Fios router won't allow google.com to appear in any browser
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Instead of rebooting router, log in to it and try to renew wan ip.

Or do a release and get new IP.

Sometimes a certain network can have an issue.

Re: Fios router won't allow google.com to appear in any browser
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Next time this happens, open Terminal on your Mac and try pinging Google.com from it. The process is pretty simple. Go to Finder -> Applications -> Utilities and open Terminal. In Terminal, type "ping www.google.com" and see if you are getting any replies back. Press Control + C to stop the command to get your final ping result.

Re: Cannot connect to Google or other Google products but can ping to the sites
a2108bc

Please let Verizon support desk know this and get them to fix it, or at least tell customers the work around and that it is a known problem 

0 Likes
No connection for some sites
scott216
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Fios quantum gateway and it's acting very odd.  When I try to go to some websites like Google.com or wikipedia.com, my computer shows no internet connection, but other websites work just fine.  This happens on several computers, both Mac and Windows.  If I reboot the gateway by unplugging it, then everything is fine for about 30 minutes, but then the problem returns.  This seems really strange to me.  Any thoughts as to what's going on?

0 Likes
Re: No connection for some sites
scott216
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is Home Network Protection?  Is this something you disable by logging into the router or is it part of the FIOS app?

IamHusker
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this response is 5 months after your original post, but I just started having the same issues described in this thread and it only started after I replaced my leased G1100 router with a purchased G1100 router.  

Since the new router was used, I factory reset it and this issue started immediately. I finally got it to work after I initially connected it to the leased router via the leased router's lan port and ran it as a second network for a few hours.  Then I replaced the leased router with the new one and the problems went away.  

The networked worked fine until I returned the leased router to Verizon.  The issue started almost immediately after I came home from returning the leased router.  

My only workaround was to use a client side VPN.  No issues using this VPN other than I needed to install it on all the clients in the house since the G1100 does not allow a VPN to be installed on the router.

I found this thread and disabled the HNP.  Everything is working.  

Thanks for the answer to my problem.