Cannot connect to wifi upstairs
escalade0709

I recentley had fios installed in my new home and i am having a problem connecting to the wifi upstairs in my bedrooms.  My fios router is downstairs in the basment.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot connect to wifi upstairs
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you can get the router out of the basemet, that should help tremendously. Basements are amongst the worst places to put the router if you plan to use wireless. The router can be re-located to any location with a coaxial jack, unless you have ordered a package faster than 75Mbps/75Mbps, then you must run CAT5e.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Smith, what's your experience with firing up ICS on the devices to act as Wireless Extenders/Repeaters. 

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@escalade0709 wrote:

I recentley had fios installed in my new home and i am having a problem connecting to the wifi upstairs in my bedrooms.  My fios router is downstairs in the basment.

I use the Fios Network Extender in my house. It works great. It uses the existing coax connected to the Fios and it self configures to the Actiontec Rev I router. https://webmail.verizon.com/signin/Login.jsp?auth=t

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

Smith, what's your experience with firing up ICS on the devices to act as Wireless Extenders/Repeaters. 

If you do a transparent bridge and use ICS, it works decently well. All depends on the hardware at hand, though. Wiring up when using ICS is best.

0 Likes