Cannot connect via wireless, normal is fine.
gloomydog

Hi,

I've looked through the forum and now I know I'm not alone, but...somehow I still cannot connect my laptop via wireless! It keeps telling me no IP is assigned or whatever.

I've reentered the key, got a new modem with a new code, but it didn't work.

Now I'veI turned off the WEP security key also, to no avail. My laptop can connect to my neighbour's signals (small apartment) if not encrypted, just not our own.The modem is the MI 424.

Any help is greatly appreciated....

0 Likes
Re: Cannot connect via wireless, normal is fine.
prisaz
Legend

Here are a few ideas.

Check the properties for your wireless network adaptor? It could be there is a static address defined and it works on your neighbors network because the address is on the same network. But if the static address is defined, and does not match your network, then it is not going to work. Make sure the properties on your wireless network adaptor is set to obtain IP Address automaticly.

Try resetting your router to default and then use the SSID and KEY on the printed label. You said you got a new modem. You mean router?

If your neighbor has a wireless device can you see if they can connect to your router? If they can it would say it is an issue with your laptop and not the router.

What do you define as normal? Hard wired with a cable?

0 Likes