Cannot download the Verizon wi-fi software
dianem55

I recently (as in 4 weeks ago) upgraded to the 25/25 FiOS package, however all attempts to download the software for the Verizon wi-fi software are proving elusive.

I follow the instructions and go to Verizon.net and click "See if I'm eligible for Wi-Fi" and get redirected to Verizon.com and my account, with no ability to download the software. http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Networking/Setup/Wi-Fi/124672.htm <-- does not work for me.

I click on "Register for Wi-Fi" and I'm directed to my accounts page, with no ability to download the software. I try what this page describes, again I'm not being given the option to download the software http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Wi-Fi-Software-Download/m-p/191919 <-- does not work for me.

I'm beginning to think that when I upgraded 4 weeks ago to the 25/25 FiOS package, Verizon didn't update their software indicating that I was now eligible for the Roaming Wi-Fi package too. Trouble is, if I click "Email" to contact Verizon, it asks for my zip code and then does nothing either.

Running: Windows 7 Professional and IE 8

Any direct links to the software package? Verizon shouldn't make it so elusive to download this software.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot download the Verizon wi-fi software
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

the wifi program is only available on the 35/35 package. none of the lower packages qualify for it.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@spacedebris wrote:

the wifi program is only available on the 35/35 package. none of the lower packages qualify for it.

I have it with 25/25 and triple play, appears to be are dependant

Triple Play

Verizon FiOS Internet
Verizon FiOS Internet - Faster (up to 25/25 Mbps speed plan)
Experience Internet speeds like never before with our fastest, all-digital, 100% fiber-optic network service.

Transform Your Internet Experience
Power up your Internet with the absolute maximum download and upload speeds around (25 Mbps download/25 Mbps upload), plus room to grow in the future.

No matter which plan you choose, our Verizon FiOS Internet service gives you loads of features and services including:

• 9 email accounts with 4 GB of storage
  • 10 MB of personal Web space
  • 24/7 live technical support
  • Anti-virus and spam protection
  • Wireless router included for new FiOS installations
  • Option to choose Verizon FiOS Internet with Yahoo! or AOL
  • Turn your PC into a place to play with Online Entertainment from ABC, Disney, ESPN and more
  • Professional Installation
  • Wi-Fi access available in selected areas for qualifying customers
0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

viafax999 wrote:

Wi-Fi access available in selected areas for qualifying customers

This is actually the critical point. They started off by offering it to anyone who had 20Mb or greater. Then it was changed to 35/35 only. Those that downloaded, installed, and registered prior to the change are grandfathered in. But those that didnt do it before the change (end of March begin of April) then must have the 35 to qualify for the service

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@spacedebris wrote:

@viafax999 wrote:

Wi-Fi access available in selected areas for qualifying customers

This is actually the critical point. They started off by offering it to anyone who had 20Mb or greater. Then it was changed to 35/35 only. Those that downloaded, installed, and registered prior to the change are grandfathered in. But those that didnt do it before the change (end of March begin of April) then must have the 35 to qualify for the service

I took those facts off the verizon site this morning.

According to that then it is still available for 25/25 users in some areas.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I have not been able to use it in Washington DC. Unless I am sitting in a certain hotel or a Startbucks, it's rahter useless.

0 Likes
dianem55

I was told when I renewed with Verizon for another 2 years that my 25/25 package would include free Wi-Fi, so Verizon does need a way to grandfather this or provide a refund, because the free Wi-Fi factored into my decision to renew and the Customer Service representative told me that it would be included with my 25/25 package (for anything 20 Mbps and up).

Any recommendations on a more direct line to contact Verizon about this? I've been on hold for the last 15+ minutes and am still waiting to resolve this.

0 Likes
dianem55

Update: I was told by a Verizon representative yesterday that my account showed *yes* I should be able to use the Verizion wi-fi hotspots as a free service as part of the 25/25 double-bundle.

Called again today and another Verizon rep reconfirmed this, so I'm now being passed along to the Tech Support to figure out why the website isn't allowing me to download the package.

0 Likes
dvone2

I has been trying to download this for a year coidnt do it ,contact custimer asst. They couldnt do it either. I gave up.

0 Likes
MCharbonneau
Enthusiast - Level 3

@dvone2 wrote:

I has been trying to download this for a year coidnt do it ,contact custimer asst. They couldnt do it either. I gave up.

We verified your Account information, your line does not quaify for free WIFI In order to qualify you need the Mid tier of High speed packages. For DSL that is 1,5Mbps or greater.

0 Likes