Re: Cannot download the Verizon wi-fi software
MCharbonneau
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you feel you have a different package please send me a private message and I can have your account verified.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Cannot download the Verizon wi-fi software
mally1

I  tried to download the Verizon Wi-Fi on my new ultrabook which has Windows 8. According to the webpage I am eligible but they cannot accommodate Windows 8. A Verizon rep confirmed this but said that they are working to upgrading their program.to include Windows 8 and that this would be done soon. That was a few months ago. Is Verizon indeed planning to improve their software to work on Windows 8?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon wi-fi software - Careful What You Wish For
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@mally wrote:

I  tried to download the Verizon Wi-Fi on my new ultrabook which has Windows 8 ... Is Verizon indeed planning to improve their software to work on Windows 8?

The unfortunate answer is probably not.  This software is at best troublesome.  As has been stated many times in these pages, it's both difficult to locate, and quite difficult to install properly.  It's also not particularly helpful when traveling, as I learned recently during a motor trip throughout New England.

In particular with respect to Windows 8 (which has its own share of issues), I don't think you will be seeing a Wi-Fi software upgrade any time soon.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon wi-fi software - Careful What You Wish For
mally1

Thank you. I wish the Verizon rep would have been so honest. He insisted Wi-Fi  Windows 8 would be available soon.

0 Likes