Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Cannot locate 2.4ghz

Helly
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot locate 2.4ghz

Message 1 of 3
(901 Views)

I recently purchased a security camera that cannot connect to 5ghz.  I do not know how to find or enable the 2.4ghz to connect the camera.  Appreciate the help.

2 REPLIES 2
jonjones
Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: Cannot locate 2.4ghz

Message 2 of 3
(866 Views)

@Helly wrote:

I recently purchased a security camera that cannot connect to 5ghz.  I do not know how to find or enable the 2.4ghz to connect the camera.  Appreciate the help.

Unfortunately you don’t say what make of camera. Brand?

the owners manual more than likely tells you how to reach the cameras internal settings via direct login or through an app made for the camera.

normally the camera finds your homes SSID and gives you the choice of the 2.4 or 5 Ghz bands. You then select the one you want and it will ask for the routers WiFi password. This is only needed once. 

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Cannot locate 2.4ghz

Message 3 of 3
(756 Views)

The 2.4 ghz is unlikely to have been turned off.  You can logon to your router (192.168.1.,1) and check its status. 

Default id is admin, the password is usually printed on the newer routers (its a different from the passphrase used to connect devices to the router.  Older routers were using the serial number of the router.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.