Cannot log into Fios Home Router
ultima911
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey there, apologies if this is in the wrong spot.

Something is preventing me from logging into my Fios Home Router (The big white one) on my PC. I can log into the router through either 192.168.1.1 or myfiosgateway.com on my IPhone, but when I try to log in on my PC the following happens given the following scenarios...

I've reset the router multiple times testing different intervals of resetting it with the reset button (5-10-15-30 seconds held), shut it off and on, shut the main box for fios off and on as well as making sure the coax is connected fine (coax shouldn't have anything to do with it but just made sure)

The router login screen doesn't let me do anything on my PC, but it does load up (I believe). Toggling the show password checkbox doesn't work or do anything, and submitting the password doesn't do anything at all, it's just a functionless button.

If I try to visit myfiosgateway.com it simply shows me the branding for MarkMonitor and doesn't forward me to anything else. There are no functions or links on this page.

I've tried all different combinations of disabling my antivirus, and firewall, in combination with Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Explorer.

I even figured I'd boot from a USB drive on Tails OS with TOR browser, and wasn't able to even load up the router from the TOR browser, even with a hard wired connection. Presumably because of some sort of masking in that OS/Browser

On top of all of this, I'm paying for a gigabit connection, and with Cat5e from the box to my router, and Cat6 from my router to my PC, I'm getting like 250mb/s. The tech's I've spoke with were no help for any of this, they just said my computer isn't working properly and said they can't help me, but tried to sell me over to an IT company without even saying if they would cost anything. 

In terms of the internet speed, I have a gigabit capable ethernet adapter in my PC, so getting more than 250mb/s on a hardwire connection should definitely not be an issue.

I can log into other routers just fine, I hooked my old router up which states it is 300+700mb/s capable, and was pulling about 80mb/s down and 90 up, which is significantly less, and at a first and uninformed glance would lead me to believe that there's something going on with this router leading to multiple issues, being poor output of connection/data to my PC and also possibly software or some sort of strange internal hardware issue (like it got dropped).

I used to work for DirecTV/AT&T so I know how equipment will fall in their trucks at times and cause strange issues.

I just want to be able to access my routers settings, been dealing with this for a while and talking to verizon customer service except for the complaint department is a pain in the rear it seems, which is a shame, because if their customer service was better imo at&t wouldn't even be able to compete, because their customer service sucks as well as their product lol

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot log into Fios Home Router
jonjones1
Legend

Even though you don’t want to reset your router it maybe you will have to do that.

hopefully this is a verizon Gateway Router and you need only hold in the reset button for 20 seconds and let it restart. 

unless you have some crazy sort of set up this may clear up the issue.

if you get the master password and master login from the routers sticker you should be ok. 192.168.1.1 from the URL bar and try to see if you can log in.

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are sure of what the default gateway on your computer is?

See as need be https://routerguide.net/find-router-ip-easily-on-all-devices/

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon routers use HTTPS.  If you connect on HTTP, they redirect to HTTPS.  Try connecting directly to HTTPS.  Like this:

https://192.168.1.1

You'll get a security warning as the router uses a self-signed certificate, but you can safely ignore that.

0 Likes
ultima911
Enthusiast - Level 1

My default gateway is indeed 192.168.1.1, and I am using https://

I'm able to load into the page but the page itself is not functioning correctly on my PC.

It's also really slow on my phone but it works.

Sign In button does nothing > directs nowhere > not even in the source code.

Same as the "show password" checkbox. It does nothing. The page (192.168.1.1 log in page) loads but does not work at all.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wonder if it has something to deal with JavaScript and please note this is only an educated guess.

You have JavaScript enabled?

As well as you are not blocking JavaScript from working? By this second question, i mean you are not using NoScript OR if you are using that, you checked the white list to be sure that you are allowing that page to work.

0 Likes
frink

I am also having this same issue. I am not interested in factory defaulting my router...has anyone found a solution to this?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

try doing a dns flush on your system. Instructions here

https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/getting-started-guide/internet-and-networking/clearing-the-dns-cache-on...

if using a Mac computer there is a different procedure.

0 Likes
frink

Didn't work.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Even though you don’t want to reset your router it maybe you will have to do that.

hopefully this is a verizon Gateway Router and you need only hold in the reset button for 20 seconds and let it restart. 

unless you have some crazy sort of set up this may clear up the issue.

if you get the master password and master login from the routers sticker you should be ok. 192.168.1.1 from the URL bar and try to see if you can log in.

vzhomeuser1

Having identical issue with MarkMonitor

0 Likes