Cannot open my Verizon email!
jcraw42

At work, I am sitting behind an Actiontec MI 424-WR Rev. D router, and I cannot open my emails from Verizon Central. I can log into my account and I see my emails, but when I click on one, it never opens. I finally get this message: "The page cannot be displayed."

I cannot open my emails from any work computer sitting behind the router. When I go home, I have the same setup (Actiontec router with Verizon FIOS), and I have no problems accessing and opening my emails.

I noticed that when at work, I click on an email, the system re-directs to Verizon's email server (netmail.verizon.net). This is where the problem lies, I think, for it takes for ever trying to find the email server.

Why is it that it can find the email server outside of my work building, but not inside it?

I thought it was a DNS problem. But my DNS entries look fine-on my workstations and on the router's configuration, and I can ping them. NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN MY WORK ENVIRONMENT. My email was working find until Wednesday morning.

I have checked every configuration there is. There has to be a cause and a solution. Help me out here somebody-thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot open my Verizon email!
jumpin683
Contributor - Level 1

Try using a different browser and see if that works.  This will determine if its someone on the PC, network or if its a browser problem.

Other browers besides IE are Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3
It could also be settings\configurations\POLICIES on your work network or PC's. Ask you work's systems admin if group policies are now in effect. 
0 Likes
jcraw42

I am the Network Administrator, and no group policies are in effect. In fact, all computers at work are part of a Workgroup. We are not even in a Domain and AD environment, so it is pretty straight forward.

Monday and Tuesday of this week, my email was working fine. In fact, it has worked with the same router settings and network setup since June 2008. Nothing has changed, other then on Wendesday, I could not open my emails-I can log into Verizon central. I can see my emails, but cannot open them when I click on one.

Thanks for your insights.

0 Likes